Top Social

Minimalistic | Lifestyle | Beauty

All about nose piercings

5 June 2015

I've wanted my nose pierced since i was about 14 and i had let it sink to the back of my mind whilst i collected ear piercings instead! But i decided to finally get my nose pierced a few weeks ago with my friend Shannon!

The day arrived and I was filled with both fear and adrenaline i'd wanted it done for years but the aspect of pain terrified me. I went to my local tattoo shop which also offered piercings because i feel like they're most reputable! Before i got my piercing she sat me down to talk to me about the care of the piercing and to see if i had any questions, whilst i was trying to listen i couldn't take my eyes away from the man across from me getting a tattoo and sitting there as if someone was painting his arm with watercolours instead of a needle jabbing into his arm. 

That's another thing i've wanted for the longest time... a tattoo! But i can never stick to one idea! I do love the idea of a crescent moon, the outline of mountains in a circle, roman numerals .. the list truly goes on! I was even considering the outline of a pug dedicated to my beautiful fur children (yes i'm a proud 18 year old mother to two pugs!)

Here is my nose piercing: (You can barely see it!)


(Yes I have an american horror story t-shirt on, yes there are both a frozen and a TFiOS poster on my wall)

So let's get to it!

1) How painful was it?

We all take pain differently and of course it hurt I was getting a needle through my nose! For me it was the clamp they put on your nose that hurt the most, the pain i found numbed my nose so when it came to actually getting pierced i couldn't feel it. This sounds very dramatic but it did only last for 3 minutes and it was totally worth it!! People have different reactions to it, my friend Shannon said hers hurt afterwards and bled when it first got done (this is normal) whereas mine stopped hurting instantly and didn't bleed. I was quite lucky but it did feel sore the next morning but eased off throughout the day.

 2) What is best hoop or stud?

I really wanted to get a hoop (I mean i really wanted that badass affect a hoop would give me) but my piercer advised that i start with a stud as it makes healing easier and it's less likely to get caught on things. But this is completely your choice of what you want to get i eventually agreed  (reluctantly) to get a stud but i'm twitching to change it to a hoop.

3) How long should I wait to change my jewelry? 

4 months is recommended before changing your piercing but you can change it within 2-3 months. But if it still doesn't appear to be healed don't change it or if you're confused on how to change it or when you can always go back to your piercer and ask!

 4) Will I suit it?

Who is anyone to tell you if you will or will not suit a piercing! If you dislike your nose you have to think about whether or not it will draw unwanted attention (I dislike my nose a whole bunch BUT I think the nose piercing actually think it brings improvement to my nose!) Get a piercing if you want it unlike a tattoo a piercing isn't permanent and you can take it out if it doesn't look good! 

5) How to do I convince my parents to let me get it?

Be educated about piercings and show them you know how to look after it! You can even tell them you will pay for it yourself and that at the end of the day you can always remove it or put a clear stud in to hide the piercing!

~

If you have any more questions i didn't answer please ask away! But below tell me have you ever wanted a piercing you couldn't get? Have you got any piercings or do you want any?

I currently have 5 piercings! 3 in my right ear, 1 in my left (I know i need to get two more there to even things out) and my nose!

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported my blog by reading what i write, following me and commenting on my posts! I read every single one and i really am so thankful how quickly the blogging community has accepted me!

22 comments on "All about nose piercings"
  1. Hello beauty!
    Nice blog you have! Would you like us to follow eachother on GFC and keep in touch?
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool post Rebecca! It seems you have answered all the questions one could ask about nose piercing! Thanks for sharing Miss!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice story with lot of useful details. Worth of reading and it looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post
    happy weekend

    New post :
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, congrats on getting your nose pierced! It sounds like you have a high pain tolerance for having five piercings! Hahaha! While I think nose piercings are cool, I'll stick to the fake septum rings for now <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Rebecca. Thx for sharing this great and very informative post. Happy weekend, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted my nose pieced when I was younger but my mum would never let me!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not one to take a fancy for nose piercings, but I do admire people who can pull it off. Thanks for sharing all these things with us! <3

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always wanted my nose pierced so i ended up getting my septum done! really want a traditional nose piercing though

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a USA beauty giveaway inc lorac, tarte etc on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never take a piercing, but I do think it can look amazing on some people, and on you it sure does! Congrats on finally getting your nose pierced!!

    XO IMKE // www.pastellics.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! I don't think I could ever do it myself though.

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so lovely, darling!

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! I had my nose pierced a very long time ago...it definitely hurt, but it was fun to have! :)

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I pierced my belly button, my parents didn't even know it until two years later. LOL! I had my nose pierced twice but took it out after a week because my then boyfriend hated it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like those tiny nose piercings! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the piercing on you! Me, it's not my bag of tea :)
    This is a great post for girls wanting to get it done though, it can be both scary and hard to convince the parents!
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nose piercing can be so cute and you look pretty. :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your post. Already followed you and looking forward for more great post! By the way we are doing a global nose piercings survey. Kindly join our nose piercings survey and see for yourself the nose piercings trends around the world and be part of the growing social experience in the world of nose piercings. Share with others what matters the most and find out what matters the most to others.
    Click here to Take our nose piercings survey now! :
    Nose Piercings Survey
    Piercing: How much did it hurt?
    Very painful!
    Painful but bearable.
    Very little. Like a ant bite!
    Didn't feel any pain.

    ReplyDelete

  19. Hi ! This is very informative & interesting article. Nice to read your blog post first time ever. I really appreciate this post. Thanks for sharing this awesome post.

    Must Read -: A Guide to Nostril Piercings: Cost, Jewellery and Healing

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature