Top Social

Minimalistic | Lifestyle | Beauty

Learn to love the skin you're in

6 March 2015




Everywhere we go we are constantly reminded that we need to look perfect in order to be 'accepted' by society when we will get the time or realise that being ourselves is great! We shouldn't compare ourselves to other beautiful people whose faces grace hundreds of magazines covers every week but instead embrace ourselves and every flaw we have!

Even though i have about a hundred things i hate about myself without them i just wouldn't be me. 


“Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. In the first place, if they had better things going on in their lives, they wouldn't have the time to sit around and talk about you. What's important to me is not others' opinions of me, but what's important to me is my opinion of myself.” 
― C. JoyBell C. 



The quote above is beyond true. If we worry about what others think of us then we are constantly in a state of worry instead of truly accepting ourselves. We are our own worst critic, before anyone has a chance to criticize us we've already gone over our most hated parts a thousand times. We have to be ourselves - we have to spend our time in the best way; with people who accept us regardless of our flaws and love us unconditionally. 




“We have this weird thing in the world where you don’t get insulted for what you do, you get insulted for who you are.”

So tell me below five things you love about yourself! Even though its hard it is a real confidence booster to realise that you're beautiful just the way you are. Love to you all and i hope that 2015 can be the year where 'self-love' is the newest craze.

My five things are:


  • My hair - it somehow withstands all the crazy things i put it through (like that time i tried to dye my hair pink and it went orange!)
  • My eye shape - I think they're nice and i used to hate how i had hooded eyelids but now i accept them and use the right makeup for them!
  • My eye colour - They go greener in the sun and i think its so cute!
  • My humor - I take everything with a pinch of salt (well as best i can) and i think this is a great way to live. Being able to make fun of yourself is the best!

3 comments on "Learn to love the skin you're in"
  1. Love your post <3
    I would say i love my blue eyes, i don't know what else i like, it is really hard :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! <3

      I would love blue eyes they're so pretty! I'm sure there are so many amazing things about yourself but it is hard :( even to think of just 3! But from your profile picture your hair seems pretty cool to me too!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this, I love my laugh and my sense of style lol

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature